A lawsuit aimed at forcing Taco Bell to stop calling the meat it serves “beef” has been withdrawn.

In January, an Alabama law firm filed a suit against the fast-food chain for false advertising, saying Taco Bell’s taco meat filling was only 36 percent of beef, made up of mostly chemicals, starches and powders. Continue reading “Taco Bell class action complaint withdrawn”

Taco Bell responded to the class action lawsuit I told you about last month alleging that Taco Bill is engaging in false advertising when saying it uses ground beef in its tacos.  News of the Taco Bell class action lawsuit spread like wildfire, forcing Taco Bell to launch a massive PR campaign.

Taco Bell announced this week it would give away a free Crunchy Beef Taco to the first 10 million Facebook fans who “like” Taco Bell’s fan page.  Taco Bell is calling it “The World’s Largest Free Taco Giveaway” as a thank you, they say, to their loyal customers that continue to support them even after the class action lawsuit public debacle. Continue reading “Taco Bell Responds to False Advertising Class Action Suit”

A class action filed on January 21, 2011 in federal court in California alleges that the fast food chain, Taco Bell, is using false advertising when it says its tacos acies are filled with “ground beef” or “seasoned ground beef.”  The complaint alleges that the taco meat filling” used by Taco Bell contains only about 35% beef, with binders, extenders, preservatives, additives and other agents making up the other 65%. Continue reading “Class Action alleges Taco Bell is using false advertising when it calls its food ‘beef’”