Public organizations and private companies come to Stoll Berne for independent investigations because we bring a unique perspective. Our deep experience representing both plaintiffs and defendants enables us to approach investigations without bias. We have advised boards of directors, independent directors, school boards, private companies, and government entities on internal policies, controls, systems, and protocols; personnel matters; accounting and auditing matters; compliance; and proposed remedial measures. We work effectively with in-house and government counsel to deliver independent assessments that are accurate, objective, thorough, and timely.
Independent Assessments That Are Objective, Accurate, Discreet, and Conclusive
- Define the appropriate scope of the independent investigation
- Retain forensic experts and other advisors, when necessary
- Conduct internal investigation interviews with directors, officers, and employees
- Perform comprehensive reviews of information relating to current systems, procedures, protocols, and controls
- Identify breakdowns in systems and protocols
- Develop findings and recommendations for remedial or disciplinary actions
We work effectively with in-house and government counsel to deliver independent assessments that are accurate, objective, thorough, and timely.